Nice healthy meal that’s tasty, crunchy and full of fresh veggies.
Have a great Victoria Day everyone.
1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
1 pouch (35 g) Old El Paso* Taco Seasoning Mix
1 cup (250 mL) Old El Paso* Thick ’N Chunky Salsa
1/4 cup (50 mL) water
1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tomatoes, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
jalapeno slices (optional)
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix and salsa and water until combined. Heat until bubbly.
- Place lettuce on large platter and sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes, and onions.
- Spoon beef mixture into centre of the salad; spoon sour cream on top.
- Arrange tortilla chips around salad and garnish with jalapeno slices, if desired.
Other Taco Salad variations from the YummyLocal flikr group: