A vegan certified soup that’s wholesome and delicious that doesn’t take too long.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cups chopped spanish onion
1 cup chopped celery
4 cups peeled and chopped russet potatoes
2 cups chopped leeks, white part only
5 cups water
1/2 cup soaked cashews
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat
- Add the olive oil and heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the celery, potatoes and leeks and heat, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Place the soup in a blender or food processor along with the cashews and puree until smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh sleve and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe by Chef Tal Ronnen | See more of Tal Ronnen at www.talronnen.com
Title Photo by: sezohanim
A few different variations: