Comfort food nice and simple that tastes so good each and every time you make it. Slap it together in about 20 minutes and toss that dish straight in the oven! Everyone will love your “Good Time Casserole” (or Lazy Lasagna), kids will love the ingredients and adults will fall asleep after eating it. Ideal for those cold fall/winter nights where you’re glad that you’re inside and not out and about.
Ingredients: (serves 7)
4 cups cooked noodles
2 pounds ground beef
4 7 1/2 ounce cans tomato sauce
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups sour cream
5 green onions, sliced including tops
2 cups medium Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Prepare noodles as directed on package. Drain. Spread in bottom of 4 quart casserole.
- Brown the beef in frying pan, stirring to break up chunks.
- Drain the oil
- Add tomato sauce to meat. Measure in salt, pepper, garlic salt and sugar. Stir; bring to boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Spoon over noodles.
- In bowl, mash cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in green onions. Spread over meat layer. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered in 350F oven for 35 minutes.