Something fun to prepare for this weekend’s get together before we all have to march back to work.
Great centre piece for any party.
- 18 jumbo black olives, pitted
- 224 g cream cheese, softened
- 18 small black olives
- 1 carrot
- Cut a slit from top to bottom, lengthwise, into the side of each jumbo olive.
- Carefully insert about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese into each olive.
- Slice the carrot into eighteen 1/4 inch thick rounds; cut a small notch out of each carrot slice to form feet.
- Save the cut out piece and press into center of small olive to form the beak. If necessary cut a small slit into each olive before inserting the beak.
- Set a big olive, large hole side down, onto a carrot slice.
- Then, set a small olive onto the large olive, adjusting so that the beak, cream cheese chest and notch in the carrot slice line up.
- Secure with a toothpick.
Title Photograph by: Jennifer Thurston