Great tip from Lindsey for those looking to schmooze and party with a few celebrities while the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) is in town. The Toronto Alcohol Board has granted 44 downtown eateries both bars and restaurants extended permits to serve alcohol until 4am during the TIFF.
Feel free to have your own after party at these fine establishments and celebrate the festival in your own way.
It may surprise you but the AGCO and the alcohol board here in Toronto are catching up with the times. For years it was always hard to search out those few and I mean very few spots that were granted extended liquor permits for TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival). Last year the program was extended to 25 establishments making it easier for the every day Joe to attend a post film fest hot spot. Long gone it seems are the days of us sliding in the back door of Bistro 990 and using our people skills to grab a seat on the couch next to Nicholas Cage for a cigar and a bit of chit chat. This year the program has been expanded to its widest yet and a total of 44 establishments have been granted permits. Bad news for the hole in the wall after hour booze cans, but great news for you the real people of Toronto. The stars might bring the people in but make no mistake you are paying more than they are for a cocktail. So sit back and enjoy till Mom calls at 4am and says “it’s time to come home dear”.
Here is the list of spots you can enjoy until the wee hours.
Tip: You may want to save this post to your phone so you are not left with an empty glass at 2am.
1. Ame19 Mercer St.
2. Biff’s Bistro4 Front St. E.
3. Bovine Sex Club542 Queen St. W.
4. Brant House522 King St. W.
5. C Lounge,456 Wellington St. W.
6. Canoe Restaurant and Bar66 Wellington St. W.
7. Century Room580 King St. W.
8. Cheval604 King St. W.
9. Ciao Wine Bar133 Yorkville Ave.
10. Club V88 Yorkville Ave.
11. Cobra500 King St. W.
12. Crush Wine Bar455 King St. W.(has some limitations)
13. The Drake Hotel1150 Queen St. W.
14. Empire Restaurant and Lounge50 Cumberland St.
15. Fifth Grill and Terrace221 Richmond St. W.
16. Fifth Social Club221–225 Richmond St. W.
17. Four Seasons Hotel21 Avenue Rd.
18. Fox and Fiddle280 Bloor St. W.
19. Gabby’s Grill and Bar309 King St. W.
20. Goodnight431 Richmond St. W.
21. Hart House Gallery Grill7 Hart House Circle
22. Hey Lucy Café295 King St. W.
23. Hyatt Regency Toronto on King370 King St. W.
24. Jump Café and Bar21 Melinda St.
25. Lobby Lounge and Restaurant192 Bloor St. W.
26. Lolita’s Lust513 Danforth Ave.
27. Maison15 Mercer St.
28. Maro135 Liberty St.
29. Muzik15 Saskatchewan Rd., Horticulture Bldg. ( has limitations)
30. O&B Canteen330 King St. W.
31. Oliver and Bonacini Café Grill33Yonge St.
32. Park Hyatt Toronto4 Avenue Rd.
33. The Roosevelt Room328–332 Adelaide St. W.
34. The Social1100 Queen St. W.
35. South of Temperance20 Adelaide St. W.
36. Spice Route499 King St. W.
37. The Spoke Club 600 King St. W.
38. Stirling Room55 Mill St., Bldg.
39. Thompson Hotel550 Wellington St. W.
40. Toronto InterContinental Hotel (Yorkville) 220 Bloor St. W.
41. Ultra Supper Club 314 Queen St. W.
42. Urban Restaurant 301–303 King St. W.
43. Windsor Arms Hotel18 St. Thomas St.
44. Wrong Bar 1279 Queen St. W.