Happy Chinese New Year! Welcome to the year of the Rabbit.
Break out the firecrackers and colourful clothing!
People born in the Year of the Rabbit, who include Jamie Oliver and David Beckham, are supposedly considerate, friendly and stylish.
How does food play a symbolic role in Chinese New Year?
- The whole chicken (heads included) are to symbolize family and togetherness
- Noodles represent long life – Bad luck to cut them
- Spring rolls symbolize wealth
- Tangerines and oranges are passed around as gift to represent more luck and wealth
- Whole fish (head and tail attached) represents a good beginning
- Sticky Rice Cake represent rich life
Photographs by: robinlow