Grey Cup Parties made easy – Moose Brewski Chili & Steam Whistle Brewing’s HOME DELIVERY Service
Start your planning now for this year’s Grey Cup celebration on November 28th in Edmonton’s Commonwealth Stadium and televised on TSN. Toronto’s independent brewery invites football fans to call the Steam Whistle Home Delivery hotline for delivery of fresh draught, bottles or cans of beer, party planning tips and all the equipment needed to get a great party started.
Order HOME DELIVERY anytime before November 25th and we’ll throw in a Steam Whistle Toque to help warm things up. Call 416-362-2337 x 293.
Steam Whistle’s Home Delivery, operating in the GTA since 2006, has taken the worry out of beverage service for everything from house parties to neighbourhood gatherings to private boardroom corporate socials.
Delivering promptly and reliably within Toronto for $15 – $49.95 and outside the GTA for $59.95, the service fee is in addition to the cost of the beer and includes:
* loan of bottle bins or premium draught dispensing unit, including a tap handle
* delivery and pick up of equipment the next day
* 1 bag of ice & Bio cups
* expert instruction from their draught technicians
The home draught dispense cooler, pictured below, will be a great novelty for Grey Cup Parties. Additionally, gifts and party favours such as branded merchandise or souvenir bottle openers can be provided for an additional charge.
If thirsty patrons want to permanently install a Home Draught System into their bar or rec room, Steam Whistle’s Home Delivery service can assist in equipment purchase, installation, cleaning, maintenance and regular delivery of fresh beer kegs.
Party Planning Tips:
1. Guest List: Your guest list should include a strong group of old friends or acquaintances to ensure a successful party, but don’t be afraid to mix in a few new, compatible invitees to stir things up a little.
2. Theme: Pull out favourite team jerseys, pom poms and streamers to deck out your party rooms with all the fan fare of a Grey Cup game! Download football theme music to your iPod to help set the mood. Let your guests know the theme and you might be surprised at the face paint and costumes they show up in! Record everyone’s game predictions before kick-off and offer a door prize for the best guess.
3. Décor: Set up an arrangement of furniture to provide ample comfortable seating but also room for the party to flow into other parts of your house. You know how people like to congregate in a kitchen or even spill outside for a break!
4. Beverages: We can’t help but recommend you stock your bar with Steam Whistle Pilsner. Party guests love the fun of pouring a fresh draught. Alternatively stocking bottles in an ice-filled bin allows you to offer a variety of beverages such as beer, wine, coolers and non-alcoholic drinks all from a self-serve station. Generally assume 1 drink per person per hour in your planning. Remember to serve responsibly and offer to hold keys and call taxis if necessary.
5. Food: A responsible host always serves food along with beverages. And for Grey Cup you want to prepare something that’s manly and Canadian. Here’s a suggestion:
Moose Brewski Chili
What you’ll Need:
6 Tbsp. butter
3 large onions, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic
3 lbs. ground moose meat
60 oz. cruisted tomatoes (tin or fresh)
6 oz. tomato puree or paste
8 oz. Steam Whistle Pilsner
2 tsp. ground cumin
3 Tbsp. Chili powder
Dash of tobacco sauce or cayenne pepper – to taste
1 Tbsp. salt
2 (28-oz.) cans red kidney beans
Melt butter in saucepan. Add onions & garlic and cook until tender. Add moose meat and brown. Add tomatoes, puree or paste, beer, and spices. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add kidney beans and simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with good bread and bowls of self-serve toppings of sour cream, green onions, bacon and cheddar. Serves 10 to 12 persons.
To book your Home Delivery, call: 416-362-2337 x 336 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org